9/BX97 TRI-POWER POWERBANDProduct # 90989097
With a proprietary construction, Gates® Tri-Power® PowerBand® belt has a superior combination of flex and load carrying capacity. This belt is engineered to transmit more horsepower than the classic cross sections in the same amount of drive space.
- Belt Edge is machined for even sheave groove contact, resulting in smoother running, less slip and wear
- Flex-Bonded Cords are strongly forged to the belt body, resulting in equal load distribution and absorption of bending stress without cord deterioration
- Notches molded into the belt during manufacturing increase flexibility, making this belt well suited for drives with smaller diameter sheaves
- 15% capacity increase over wrapped belts
- Patented Ethylene Material construction provides -60°F to +250°F temperature range to resist belt cracking
Part # 9/BX97 / 9/BX97 Product # 90989097 Description 9/BX97 TRI-POWER POWERBAND UPC 072053507928 Outside Circumference (in) 100.6 Section BX Notched false Num Strands 9
Markets/Applications Suitable for all industrial applications, particularly where space, weight and horsepower capacity are critical.
Belt / Sprocket Specifications
Recommended Sheaves Multi-Duty® Sheaves (B, C)
Belt Notes For example, 90983063 represents a "BX" section PowerBand® (9098) with 3 strands (3) that is 63.0 inches (063) long.
Customer Pack 1 Weight (lbs.) 10.44
Perfect Belts for Imperfect Conditions.
Over time, belts fail from heat cracks, stretching, or excessive wear. Belt re-tensioning and replacement leads to downtime, inefficiency, and loss of productivity. Our molded notch V-belts, including the Tri-Power belt line, offer a patented, new ethylene construction to keep your operations running when other belts fail.
Longer Life at Extreme Temperatures.
Ethylene rubber material (EPDM) resists hardening to avoid cracking with 88% broader temperature range compared to other belt materials, with a range from -60°F to 250°F+. Gates® Tri-Power PowerBand belts meet ARPM/RMA standards for oil and heat resistance as well as static conductivity.