6/5VX1400 SPR HC NTCH PWRBDProduct # 93896140
The PowerBand® construction allows multiple belts to function as a single unit, with even load distribution and each strand fitting securely in the sheave groove. Recommended for multiple V-belt drives exposed to pulsating or heavy shock loads which can make belts whip, turn over, slip, or jump off the drive.
- Flex-Bonded Cords are strongly bonded to the body of the belt resulting in equal load distribution and the absorption of bending stress without cord deterioration.
- Notches molded into the belt during manufacturing increase flexibility, making this belt well suited for drives with smaller diameter sheaves.
- Patented Ethylene (EPDM) Material construction provides -60°F to +250°F temperature range to resist belt cracking.
- The Tie Band assures high lateral rigidity, guiding the belt in a straight line and preventing it from coming off the drive.
- Meets RMA oil and heat resistant standards and static conductivity requirements.
Part # 6/5VX1400 / 6/5VX1400 Product # 93896140 Description 6/5VX1400 SPR HC NTCH PWRBD UPC 072053348804 Outside Circumference (in) 140 Section 5VX Notched false Num Strands 6
Markets/Applications Recommended for multiple V-belt drives exposed to pulsating or heavy shock loads which can make belts whip, turn over or jump off the drive. Size Range/Availability Belt Slitters located onsite at several Gates Service Centers can cut down an existing belt in inventory to the strand width needed. Large Inventory of standard lengths and widths are readily available. See sizing table for details.
Belt / Sprocket Specifications
Recommended Sheaves Super HC® Sheaves
Belt Notes Belt part number is constructed by placing the (#) number of strands required followed by a slash (/) in front of the belt size. For example, 5/3VX800 represents a 3VX800 with 5 joined strands. Belt product number is 8 or 9 digits constructed of product series prefix, number of strands, and belt length. For example, 93885080 represents a "3VX" section PowerBand® (9388) with 5 strands (5) that is 80.0 inches (080) long.
Customer Pack Weight (lbs.) 13.5
Materials Made for your Application Challenges.
Gates® molded notch V-belts are exclusively constructed with EPDM, a high-performance synthetic rubber compound. Belts made with EPDM offer a 70% broader temperature range tolerance compared to other belts and resist hardening to avoid cracking. They meet The Rubber Manufacturers’ Association (RMA) standards for oil and heat resistance, as well as static conductivity.
A notch on your belt.
Gates® designs molded notches in our belts to reduce the bending stress as the belt wraps around small diameter pulleys, thereby reducing the heat generated by rapid flexing to prevent premature belt failure. A relatively large, deep notch provides excellent flexibility for bending around pulleys by implementing the notch near the cord line.