GT3 1160-8MGT-85Product # 93561012
Reduce both initial and operating costs with Gates® PowerGrip® GT™3 belt. It has two times the rating of competitive RPP™ belts and its predecessors PowerGrip® GT™ and HTD™, with the largest selection of belts and sprockets in the industry. At reduced widths, GT3 belts can be used as a direct replacement for most 8mm and 14mm pitch standard rubber RPP and HTD synchronous belts.
- Fiberglass tensile cord provides high strength, excellent flex life, and high resistance to elongation
- Gates patented tooth profile is designed for use with a specific sprocket groove silhouette; sprocket groove-belt tooth combination increases capacity, while improving registration
- Neoprene body provides protection against grime, grease, oil, and moisture
- Nylon tooth facing provides a durable surface for long service life
- PowerGrip® GT™3 belts are available in 2, 3, 5, 8, and 14mm pitch sizes. A single twist cord helps prevent the belt from moving downward on vertical shaft ACHE applications
- PowerGrip® GT™3 exceeds HTD™ in tooth ratchet resistance
- Rated from -35°C to 100°C
- Custom PowerGrip® belts can also be made to your requirements, with options including alternative material tensile cords, various rubber compounds, extra backings, and more
Part # 1160-8MGT-85 / 1160-8MGT-85 Product # 93561012 Description GT3 1160-8MGT-85 UPC 770075593027 Profile MGT Width 85 mm Pitch 8 mm Pitch Length 1160 mm Number of Teeth 146
Markets/Applications PowerGrip® GT®3 belts are suitable for many applications such as HVAC, textile, printing, machine tools, food processing, conveyors, packaging, agriculture, pumps, compressors, centrifuges, laundry, pulp and paper.
Belt Notes 8M and 14M PowerGrip® GT®3 belts are conductive in accordance with ISO 9563. When belt drive systems are located in potentially hazardous environments, safe and reliable dissipation of electrostatic charges is critical - a secondary means of dissipation such as static grounding brushes is recommended. PowerGrip® GT®3 part numbers are comprised of pitch, pitch length and width. For example; part number 3150-14MGT-55 denotes a 3150mm pitch length, 14mm pitch and 55mm width. WARNING: Do NOT use HTD® or RPP® profile sprockets in new designs. PowerGrip® GT®3 belts can be used on existing HTD® or HT100® sprockets as replacement belts, usually at the next narrowest width. New drive designs must use the PowerGrip® GT®2 sprockets, because of the high torque capacity of PowerGrip® GT®3 belts.
Trademarks HT100® is a Registered Trademark of Reliance Electric. RPP® is a Registered Trademark of Carlisle Power Transmission Products Inc.
Belt / Sprocket Specifications
Recommended Sprockets PowerGrip® GT®2 Sprockets
Customer Pack 1 Weight (lbs.) 1.2
Belt Performance By The Numbers.
Exceptional Engineering at Every Inch.
Our engineers worked tirelessly to construct our high performance PowerGrip™ GT®3 Belts. The technologically advanced fiberglass tensile cord equips this belt for greater carrying, tension, and pressure capacity, with a helically wound tensile member for strength, flex life, and elongation resistance. The belt's elastomeric teeth are precision manufactured for accurate spacing, with a low-friction nylon facing to protect the tooth surfaces against wear,environmental pollution, and contaminants.
Equip your application with the power of Gates® PowerGrip™ Belts.