Gates is the exclusive manufacturer of EuroGrip® Coupling Kits for select VW and Volvo models. Our years of collaboration with these leading automotive OEMs, enables us to design, engineer, and manufacture next generation, first-fit drive accessories for use in compact engine designs.
- Flexible design accommodates component misalignment.
- Fiber-loaded construction maximizes torque capability, controls damping and extends part life.
- Excellent dimensional stability at high rotational speeds.
- Lubricated jacket minimizes coupling and end piece wear and retains tooth integrity.
- Predictable shear properties allow for component protection.
- Zero backlash and no moving parts enable silent operation.
- Designed for specific VW and Volvo vehicles.
- Coupling Kit includes: EuroGrip® Coupling, decoupler pulley.
The Art of Material Science
EuroGrip™ Couplers build on Gates® decades of innovation in material science. The composite technology includes Glass® fiber cord to provide superior stability at high RPM. Fiber-loaded cured HNBR increases torque transmission, controls dampening characteristics, and provides durability for the life of the engine. The lubricated jacket reduces component wear and retains tooth integrity. All of this culminates in a high quality OE solution for precise automotive power transmission applications.
OE Quality for the Aftermarket
Our long-standing partnerships working with automotive OEMs on production vehicles enable us to produce aftermarket parts of superior quality, durability, and performance. Building upon Gates® proven synchronous belt technology, our flexible EuroGrip™ Couplers connect the drive pulley to the decoupler pulley on the alternator and air conditioning compressor, working to dampen engine vibration and increase performance, and ensuring a perfect fit every time.