The Gates Corporation
We know that your privacy is important to you, and we work hard to earn and keep your trust. We have created this Policy to let you know what Personal Data we collect when you use this Site, how we use and share the Personal Data we collect, and how we protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us using the information provided below.
Your Consent to This PolicyPlease take a few minutes to review this Policy. By accessing or using this Site, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA AS SET FORTH IN THIS POLICY, PLEASE EXIT AND DO NOT USE THIS SITE.
ChildrenThis Site is not directed nor targeted to children under the age of thirteen. We do not use this Site to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, do not provide us with any Personal Data. If we learn that someone under thirteen has provided personal data to this Site, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
What Personal Data Do We Collect When You Use This Site?
- Information You Provide. We collect the Personal Data you knowingly provide (for example, using your mouse and keyboard or a mobile touchpad) when you use this Site. The information we collect depends on how you use this Site. For example, if you sign up to receive e-mail communications from us, we collect your name and e-mail address and any related information you provide.
- Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We may collect information that is sent to us automatically by your Web browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Cookies and Similar TechnologiesWe use “cookies” and other Web technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site. We use the following types of cookies:
- Analytics cookies, like Google™ Analytics. These cookies collect information about the ways visitors use this Site – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- Performance cookies. These cookies support the features and functionality of this Site – for example, to prompt the settings you established on previous visits to this Site and personalize your experience when you use this Site.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave this Site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies when you visit this Site, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this Site.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?Generally. We use the Personal Data we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request and to better understand your interests in our Company;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you, which may include surveys and invitations to participate in special promotions;
- to process your submissions to us, for example such as job applications;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to improve our products, services, marketing, and promotional efforts; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, country-specific notice, or other agreement between you and us.
With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Data?Service Providers. We may share Personal Data collected through this Site with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that provide support services to us (such as Web hosting services or job application processing services) or that help us market our products and services (such as third-party web analytics firms and marketing consultants).
With Other Members of the Gates Family. When you provide Personal Data through this Site, we may share your Personal Data with other members of the Gates Family of companies. Every member of the Gates Family is required to handle information collected through this Site in accordance with this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us. Accordingly, if we share your Personal Data with other members of the Gates Family, they will use your information only as permitted under this Policy and will honor the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
As Described in a Click-Through Agreement. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Information as described in any click-through agreement to which you have agreed.
Business Transactions. We may decide, for strategic or other reasons, to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our business. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of Personal Data to prospective purchasers, or a transfer to purchasers of a business. In such cases, we will take reasonable measures to protect the Personal Data we disclose, for example, by requiring the prospective purchaser to sign a non-disclosure agreement limiting the use and protecting the confidentiality of the Personal Data . If such a transfer occurs, the acquiring company’s use of your Personal Data will still be subject to this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
As Described in a Country-Specific Notice. We reserve the right to disclose your Personal Data as described in any country-specific notice posted on the Web page where you provide that information. By providing your Personal Data on that Web page you will be consenting to the disclosure of your Personal Data as described in that country-specific notice .
Your ChoicesIn General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data. In most cases, we will ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your Personal Data.
General Opt-Out. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, you can click here to send us an unsubscribe request. Please complete the information requested so that we can find you on our mailing lists. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists as you have requested. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
SecurityHow Do We Protect Personal Data? We take reasonable precautions to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Data we collect. Although we use reasonable measures to help protect your Personal Data against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases.
Information for Visitors Accessing This Site from Outside the United StatesThe Gates Family is headquartered in the United States and has related entities around the world. You understand that any Personal Data collected on the Site will be transferred to Gates in the United States and may be shared with Gates entities in the United States or elsewhere. You hereby consent to the transfer to and processing of any Personal Data by Gates and any Gates entities, or any of the other parties identified in this Policy, whether located in the United States or any other countries, for the purposes described in this Policy, or for any other specific purposes to which you consent. If you are located in a country other than the United States, you should note that, at present, the laws of the United States and certain other countries have not been approved by the European Commission or privacy authorities in certain other countries as providing "adequate protection" for personal data within the meaning of the EU Data Protection Directive or applicable laws of other countries. Please know, however, that no matter where your personal information is collected, used, transferred or stored, if it was collected through the Site, it will be protected by the terms of this Policy. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE USE AND PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN THE UNITED STATES OR IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE MANNER SET FORTH HEREIN.
Changes to This PolicyAs we add new features and functionality to this Site, we may need to update or revise this Policy. We reserve the right to do so, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version on this Site. These changes will be effective as of the date we post the revised version on this Site. They will apply only to the Personal Data we collect after we have posted the revised version. Your use of this Site following any such change constitutes your consent to the terms of the revised Policy. For this reason, it is important to review this Policy regularly. If we modify this Policy, we will provide a notice at the top of this Policy for at least thirty days after the new effective date.
“Personal Data” means information that directly or indirectly identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Examples of Personal Data include your name, address, and e-mail address.
References to this “Site” refer to the Web site(s) operated by any Gates Company.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Gates Company operating the Site through which you accessed this Policy.
The terms “you” and “your,” when used in this Policy, mean any user of this Site.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you can contact us by one of the following methods:
By email: CorpComm12@Gates.com
1551 Wewatta Street
Denver, CO 80202