Our GC20 with Gates Cortex Intelligence has won GOLD in the hydraulics category of Design World’s LEAP (Leadership in Engineering Achievement Program) award! We’re honored that our industry-first digital crimping technology was recognized & are proud to receive such a major engineering design award. We applaud the Gates team whose innovation, dedication & expertise made this possible.
When selecting the 2020 LEAP Awards hydraulics category winner, Design World judges had this to say about the Gates GC20 Cortex, “Hydraulics is many times a function of tribal knowledge. Now, this knowledge is at a user’s fingertips. And the price-point is fantastic!”
Features and Benefits
- Cloud Connected Cortex Intelligence — Access to the latest content with data refresh pushed automatically overnight when connected to Wi-Fi, and the ability for users to pull content at anytime.
- Offline Functionality — After initial set up using Wi-Fi, the crimper can fully operate offline.
- Onboard Crimp Information — 3X faster than traditional PC707 when selecting crimp settings; crimp specifications automatically loaded based on user selections.
- Stored Favorites — For quick reference; rename saved assemblies and drag-and-drop for preferred order.
- Automated Calibration — The tablet eliminates manual adjustments to machine.
- Improved Ergonomics — Addition of an LED work light and a new handle on the die cone makes it more user friendly and reduces contact with grease.
- Added Safety + Control — Optional administrator and operator profiles with password protected login.
- Integrated Product Selection Tool — Provides a quick and efficient way to select the right hose, coupling and die combination; eliminates the need for handwritten or printed crimp specs that fade or become outdated over time.
- On-board Training Content — Knowledge Center provides, animations, videos and PDFs to guide user through the product functionality with training messages, maintenance log to easily track activity, product information and safety content.
- Built-In Quality Control — Gates-only hoses ensure a qualified assembly.
- Over-The-Air (OTA) Firmware Updates — OTA ability creates a future-proof design allowing crimpers in the field access to updates, not yet defined — enabling continuous innovation with new enhancements by Gates.
- Durability – electric controls are FCC and CE compliant for improved performance and reliability.
- Design Patent Pending – modern interface enhances user experience.