CVT Clutch Recall
SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
Gates Corporation (“Gates”) is conducting a voluntary recall of its G-Force CVT Drive Clutches in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (“CPSC”). The clutches are designated with the following model and part numbers, and UPC codes:
|Part No.||UPC||Internal Product No.|
Please immediately stop using your Gates G-Force CVT Drive Clutch and follow the instructions below to return the product and receive a full refund plus $300 to cover the estimated labor cost of de-installation of the clutch and reinstallation of another clutch. Photographs of the recalled clutches are provided below for your convenience. This recall is being conducted because the clutch assembly can unexpectedly fracture during operation causing fragmentation and forceful ejection of internal parts, posing a risk of laceration or impact injury to the operator of the ATV.
As an incentive to return your clutch, Gates will also provide each consumer who returns a recalled clutch with a G-Force Belt.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RETURNING CLUTCH and RECEIVING REFUND:
1. Contact Gates at 1-800-766-9504 to request a prepaid shipping carton to return your clutch.
2. Upon receipt of the prepaid shipping carton, please de-install your clutch and place it in the shipping carton.
3. Included with the prepaid shipping carton is a W-9 Form you will need to fill out in order to receive the refund by check. Please include the completed and signed W-9 Form in the shipping carton with the clutch.
4. Bring the shipping carton to your nearest FedEx drop off location.
5. Upon receipt of the clutch and W-9 Form, we will send you a check that will be a full refund of your purchase price (plus tax), plus an additional $300.
6. We will also send you a G-Force Belt for participating in this recall.
Gates Corporation takes customer safety seriously. We appreciate your cooperation in this recall effort, and we regret any inconvenience this may cause you. Please contact us at 1-800-766-9504 if you have any questions.