Polyflex® JB® Belts
Polyflex® JB™ is synonymous with high power density in small spaces. Developed by Gates and produced to patented manufacturing processes, these belts provide more load-carrying capacity at higher speeds to small multiple V-belt precision drives. This results in significant cost savings and improved design freedom. Polyflex® JB™ belts are recommended for use on bench type milling machines, lathe drives, woodworking and metalworking machine spindle drives, computer peripheral equipment, small blowers, etc. They are available in 3M-JB, 5M-JB, 7M-JB and 11M-JB sections.
- High modulus polyurethane compound with a high friction coefficient.
- The polyurethane compound resists fatigue, wear and ozone.
- Temperature Range: -65°F to 185°F (-54°C to 85°C).
|Part #||Product #||Description||Effective Length (mm)||Section|
Features and Benefits
- Excellent adhesion of tensile cords and polyurethane compound leads to high fatigue resistance and long belt life.
- Small cross-section meets special application needs such as high shaft speeds, small drive package size and smooth running requirements.
- The 60° angle provides more undercord support to the tensile section and distributes the load more evenly.
- Ribs relieve bending stress on small pulleys and provide lateral rigidity.
- Long belt life on small pulleys and compact drives.
- The precise casting method eliminates overlaps and layers.
- High performance and smooth running for precision applications.
- Avoids vibrations when subjected to shock loads.
- Joined Belt construction improves stability.
- Greater shaft speeds, up to 30,000 rpm.
- Cost savings and design freedom.