Gates Polyflex® Belts provide a versatile power transmission solution when space is at a premium. Their unique 60° angle polyurethane construction transmits greater loads at higher speeds in less space than conventional V-belts. This compact and strong belt with nominal top width from 3 mm to 11 mm transmits more power and allows high speed ratios. Polyflex® is suited for extremely small diameter pulleys and very compact drives with high rotational speeds. Ideal for use on machines and machine tools requiring high performance and smooth operation in limited space such as bench type milling machines, lathe drives, woodworking and metalworking machine spindle drives, computer peripheral equipment, small blowers, etc.
- High Modulus Polyurethane compound (HMPE) resists fatigue, wear, ozone, and most environmental conditions.
- Precision casting eliminates layers and overlaps to enable low vibration operation.
- Temperature Range: -65°F up to 185°F (-54°C up to 85°C).
|Part #||Product #||Description||Effective Length (mm)||Section|
BIG POWER FOR SMALL SPACES.
Polyflex® Belts were specially designed to transmit maximum power for a variety of small precision v-belt drive applications. The belt's ribs are designed to reduce bending stress on miniaturized drive components, while their 60° angle construction provides added support for even load distribution. This enable their use in high-performance, precision applications, accommodating shaft speeds in excess of 10,000 rpm.
Features and Benefits
- The 60° angle results in better support of the tensile section, and provides a more even load distribution.
- Design freedom and space savings which are not possible with conventional rubber construction belts.
- Ribbed backing provides greater lateral stability and relieves bending stress.
- Polyurethane is extremely resistant to heat, chemicals and oil.
- Low maintenance cost as belt needs less re-tensioning.
- Improves adhesion to the tensile cords.
- Long belt life on compact drives.
A MATERIAL DIFFERENCE.
Every Gates power transmission product is made at the leading edge of material science and manufacturing processes. Gates Polyflex® Belts are precision cast, using our own proprietary process that forms the belt in a seamless, single layer. Their HDPE compound construction provides material properties that combine strength, flexibility, and high temperature tolerance. The result is a precision application belt that provides exceptional load-carrying capacity, application versatility, and durability.