4/BX58Product # 90984058
With a proprietary construction, Gates Tri-Power® PowerBand® belt has a superior combination of flex and load carrying capacity. This belt is engineered to transmit more horsepower than the classic cross sections in the same amount of drive space.
- Belt Edge is machined for even sheave groove contact, resulting in smoother running, less slip and wear.
- Flex-Bonded Cords are strongly forged to the belt body, resulting in equal load distribution and absorption of bending stress without cord deterioration.
- Notches molded into the belt during manufacturing increase flexibility, making this belt well suited for drives with smaller diameter sheaves.
- Patented Ethylene Material construction provides -51°C to +121°C (-60°F to +250°F) temperature range to resist belt cracking.
- 15% capacity increase over wrapped belts.
Part # 4/BX58 Product # 90984058 UPC 072053505313 Cross Section BX Effective Length (in) 60.61 Effective Length (mm) 1539 Outside Circumference (in) 61.51 Outside Circumference (mm) 1562 Section BX Number of Strands 12 Top Width (in) 2.93 Top Width (mm) 74 Angle 38 Thickness (in) 0.46 Thickness (mm) 12
Markets/Applications Suitable for all industrial applications, particularly where space, weight and horsepower capacity are critical.
Material Gates Ethylene Compound
Belt Notes For example, 90983063 represents a "BX" section PowerBand® (9098) with 3 strands (3) that is 63.0 inches (063) long. Recommended For Multi-Duty® Sheaves (B, C)
Customer Pack 1 Weight (lbs.) 2.8
Perfect Belts for Imperfect Conditions.
Over time, belts fail from heat cracks, stretching, or excessive wear. Belt re-tensioning and replacement leads to downtime, inefficiency, and loss of productivity. Our molded notch V-belts, including the Tri-Power belt line, offer a patented, new ethylene construction to keep your operations running when other belts fail.
Longer Life at Extreme Temperatures.
Ethylene rubber material (EPDM) resists hardening to avoid cracking with 88% broader temperature range compared to other belt materials, with a range from -51°C to +121°C (-60°F to +250°F). Gates® Tri-Power PowerBand belts meet ARPM/RMA standards for oil and heat resistance as well as static conductivity.