20/3V600 SUPER HC POWERBANDProduct # 938520060
When uptime is a must, equip your drives with Gates Super HC® PowerBand® belts. Super HC PowerBand belts offer a solution for drives where single belts vibrate, turn over or jump off the pulleys. With a superior combination of flex and load, the PowerBand® construction consists of multiple V-belts joined together by a permanent, high strength tie band that functions as a single unit. This means a tougher, more stable solution with even load distribution and each strand fitting securely in the sheave groove.
- Highly resistant to tensile and flexing forces, fatigue and shock loads
- High stability and smooth running on the toughest drives
- Temperature Range: -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
Part # 20/3V600 / 20/3V600 Product # 938520060 Description 20/3V600 SUPER HC POWERBAND UPC 072053760675 Outside Circumference (in) 60 Section 3V Notched false Num Strands 20
Markets/Applications Recommended for multiple V-belt drives exposed to pulsating or heavy shock loads which can make belts whip, turn over or jump off the drive. Size Range/Availability Belt Slitters located onsite at several Gates Service Centers can cut down an existing belt in inventory to the strand width needed. Large Inventory of standard lengths and widths are readily available. See sizing table for details. Made-To-Order Belt Lengths are available in any size from: 3V (45 to 220 inch), 5V (50 to 660 inch) and 8V (100 to 660 inch). Check with Customer Service for minimum order quantity and manufacturing lead time.
Belt / Sprocket Specifications
Recommended Sheaves Super HC® Sheaves
Belt Notes Belt part number is constructed by placing the (#) number of strands required followed by a slash (/) in front of the belt size. For example, 5/3V800 represents a 3V800 with 5 joined strands. Belt product number is 8 or 9 digits constructed of product series prefix, number of strands, and belt length. For example, 93855080 represents a "3V" section PowerBand® (9385) with 5 strands (5) that is 80.0 inches (080) long.
Customer Pack Weight (lbs.) 7.4
Bring on the Vibration.
Because your Super HC PowerBand belt can handle it. Gates® Super HC™ Powerband™ belts are engineered for drives where single belts vibrate, turn over, or jump off the pulleys, and work best for operations subjected to pulsating loads. The Powerband technology consists of several V-belts joined together by a permanent, high strength tie band, thus providing more powerful, tougher performance than all the belts taken separately.
Features and Benefits
- Flex-Bonded tensile cords are strongly bonded to the body of the belt resulting in equal load distribution and the absorption of bending stress without cord deterioration
- Flex-Weave® cover is a patented fabric construction for longer life, providing extended protection to the belt core from oil, dirt and heat
- Concave sidewalls provide proper cord support and full contact with the sheave-groove for equal loading and uniform wear
- Gates Curves provide full contact with pulley grooves for uniform loading of cords, uniform wear and increased belt life
- The Tie Band assures high lateral rigidity, guiding the belt in a straight line and preventing it from coming off the drive
- Strong band controls belt-to-belt distance and prevents sideways bending
- Super HC® PowerBand® is available in SPB, SPC, 3V(9J), 5V(15J) and 8V(25J) sections
Stable. Smooth. Efficient.
Super HC Powerband belts are designed for high stability and smooth running on the toughest drives, with compact construction to save you drive space and weight thanks to the high transmission efficiency and superior material construction.
If you need a custom design for your unique application, contact our team of product engineers.