16/3VX400/16/3VX400Product # 938816040
The PowerBand® construction allows multiple belts to function as a single unit, with even load distribution and each strand fitting securely in the sheave groove. Recommended for multiple V-belt drives exposed to pulsating or heavy shock loads which can make belts whip, turn over, slip, or jump off the drive.
- Flex-Bonded Cords are strongly bonded to the body of the belt resulting in equal load distribution and the absorption of bending stress without cord deterioration.
- Notches molded into the belt during manufacturing increase flexibility, making this belt well suited for drives with smaller diameter sheaves.
- Patented Ethylene (EPDM) Material construction provides -51°C to +121°C (-60°F to +250°F) temperature range to resist belt cracking.
- The Tie Band assures high lateral rigidity, guiding the belt in a straight line and preventing it from coming off the drive.
- Meets RMA oil and heat resistant standards and static conductivity requirements.
Part # 16/3VX400 / 16/3VX400 Product # 938816040 UPC 072053768077 Outside Circumference (in) 40 Section 3VX Number of Strands 16
Size Range/Availability Belt Slitters located onsite at several Gates Service Centers can cut down an existing belt in inventory to the strand width needed. Large Inventory of standard lengths and widths are readily available. See sizing table for details. Markets/Applications Recommended for multiple V-belt drives exposed to pulsating or heavy shock loads which can make belts whip, turn over or jump off the drive.
Belt Notes Belt part number is constructed by placing the (#) number of strands required followed by a slash (/) in front of the belt size. For example, 5/3VX800 represents a 3VX800 with 5 joined strands. Belt product number is 8 or 9 digits constructed of product series prefix, number of strands, and belt length. For example, 93885080 represents a "3VX" section PowerBand® (9388) with 5 strands (5) that is 80.0 inches (080) long. Recommended For Super HC® Sheaves
Weight (lbs.) 3.84