PowerGrip® HTD® Timing Belts
The PowerGrip® HTD® synchronous belt curvilinear tooth form ensures an optimized load distribution leading to high power transmission in low speed and high torque applications. PowerGrip® HTD® 3M and 5M belts are suitable for domestic appliances, office machines, electric hand tools and for applications in the processing and chemical industry. PowerGrip® HTD® 8M, 14M and 20M belts are used in high performance drives in the machine tool, paper and textile industries where durability and low maintenance are required. These synchronous belts have a larger, more robust curvilinear tooth profile for increased capacity, as compared to other timing belts.
- Precisely formed and accurately spaced elastomeric teeth ensure correct positioning in the pulley grooves.
- Special curvilinear tooth form improves stress distribution and allows higher overall loading.
- Neoprene body provides protection against grime, grease, oil, and moisture.
|Part #||Product #||Description||Number of Teeth||Pitch (mm)||Profile||Width (mm)|
YOUR PITCH DRIVES YOUR BELT PERFORMANCE.
Gates® PowerGrip® HTD® 8M, 14M, and 20M belts are designed for high performance, high capacity drives in the machine tool, paper and textile industries where durability and low maintenance are required. For domestic appliances, office machines, electric tools, and applications in the processing and chemical industries, we recommend 3M and 5M pitch HTD belts. If you need assistance determining the right belt for your application, or you need to create a custom power transmission solution, contact our team of application experts.
Features and Benefits
- Durable elastomeric backing protects against environmental pollution as well as frictional wear if power is transmitted from the back of the belt.
- Fiberglass tensile cord provides the required strength combined with excellent ﬂex life and high resistance to elongation.
- Eliminates lubrication and re-tensioning to reduce maintenance and labor required on drives.
- Nylon tooth facing provides a durable wear surface for long service life.
- 30% increase in horsepower ratings, as compared to traditional timing belts.
- Temperature Range: -22°F to 212°F (-30°C to + 100°C).
- Belts conform to ISO13050:2014.
- Load capacities up to 1,000 kW.
- No slippage.
- High mechanical efficiency.
- Constant driven speeds.
- Long trouble-free service life.
- Perfect fit on HTD® profile pulleys.
- Available in 3M, 5M, 8M, 14M, 20M pitch.
- PowerGrip® HTD® 14M: static conductive to ISO 9563; Directive 2014/34/EU- ATEX compliant.
The curvilinear PowerGrip® HTD® tooth geometry eliminates stress concentration at tooth roots, allowing for higher power capacity and longer service life, with teeth that mesh smoothly with the pulley grooves to reduce speed variations and prevent belt slippage.