Gates has engineered the first effective, economical alternative to costly metal shielding or rerouting of hose lines. The LifeGuard® sleeving system is designed to protect operators, equipment and the environment from the hazards of catastrophic hydraulic hose failure – a level of protection previously unavailable.
- Provides containment of up to 10,000 psi (68.9 MPa) bursts.
- Protects against 5,000 psi (34.5 MPa) pinhole leaks at +212°F (+100°C) for up to five minutes.
- Handles hydraulic fluids and biodiesel fuel.
- Allows fluid to safely escape down the length of the assembly.
- Creates noticeable spill for hose failure detection.
- Correlates to ISO 3457 and meets MSHA’s flame resistance requirements.
- No other sleeve provides this level of protection.
- Patented system includes Gates hose, couplings, sleeve and channel clamps.