85450 8M4KH-MTFX 50FTProduct # 46574095
Recommended for high-pressure hydraulic oil line applications. Easy to route and to install in extremely tight areas. Exceeds ISO 18752 Grade C, SAE 100R19 and ISO11237 R19. Recommended Couplings: GlobalSpiral Couplings, MegaCrimp Couplings, Stainless Steel B Couplings (-4 though -8), Stainless Steel S Couplings (-12 and -16).
- M4KH hose is compatible with biodegradable hydraulic fluids like synthetic esters, polyglycols and vegetable oils as well as petroleum-based fluids.
- Superior flex impulse performance: Tested to 600,000 impulse cycles, 3 times the industry standard.
- Meets Flame Resistance Acceptance Designation MSHA 2G.
Part # 85450 Product # 46574095 Description 85450 8M4KH-MTFX 50FT UPC 770075323983 Min. Burst Pressure (psi) 16000 Minimum Bend Radius (in) 3.5 Continuous Operating Temperature Range -40°F to +250°F Hose Inside Diameter (in) 0.5 Hose Outside Diameter (in) 0.82 Temperature Range -40°F to +250°F (-40°C to +121°C) For water emulsions see Temperature Limits Table.
Coupling Recommendation (See Crimp Data Manual 428-7365 or E-Crimp), GlobalSpiral™ Couplings (-6 through -12) (G20) Section E, MegaCrimp® Couplings (G25) Section G Use Wire Braid
Cover Black, oil, abrasion and weather resistant MegaTuff® cover with color coded layline. Also available in Standard cover. Reinforcement Two braids of high-tensile steel wire. Tube Black, oil-resistant, synthetic rubber (Nitrile - Type C). See Hose Stock Characteristics.
Meets These Agency Specifications ABS - American Bureau of Shipping, FRAS - Fire Retardant Anti Static; Australia, GL - Germanischer Lloyd's; International, ISO - International Standards Organization, MSHA 2G - Mine Safety & Health Admin. USA, SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers, USCG - United States Coast Guard Standard Industry Specification ISO 11237 R19, ISO 18752, ISO 6945, SAE 100R19
Notes Meets Flame Resistance Acceptance Designation "MSHA 2G" and ISO 11237 R19. MegaTuff® hose lasts up to 300 times longer than standard hose during hose-to-hose and hose-to-metal abrasion tests per ISO 6945. Recommended For High-pressure hydraulic applications at elevated temperatures. Exceeds ISO 18752 Grade C, SAE 100R19 and ISO 11237 R19. Allows for tighter minimum bend radius, increased working pressure and improved impulse cycles than industry standards. Provides greater performance, flexibility, easier routing and plumbing of mobile and stationary hydraulic platforms.
Customer Pack 1 Weight (lbs.) 18 Packaging T
Features and Benefits
- With the Gates special MegaTuff™ cover which offers 300 times the abrasion resistance of the standard M4KH cover as per ISO 6945, superior ozone and weathering resistance.
- Provides greater performance, flexibility, easier routing and plumbing of mobile and stationary hydraulic platforms.
- M4KH-MTF has tighter minimum bend radius than SAE 100R19 at 4000 PSI working pressure in all ID's.
- 70% of EN 857 2SC and 50% of EN 853 2SN bend radius at rated working pressure.
- Alternative to spiral hoses in high pressure lines where flexibility is required.
- Validated with MegaCrimp®.
- Working pressure: 28 MPa.
- Temperature Range:
- -40°C to +121°C
- -40°F to +250°F
- Design factor: 4:1.
- Size: 1/4" to 3/4".