iLok™ is Gates' answer to the traditional staple-lock coupling, specifically designed to increase safety and substantially reduce downtime when disconnecting and reconnecting the coupling, a key challenge when moving and re-assembling in longwall mining. Gates® patented coupling and adapter design for joining, or coupling, hose to hose "by hand", no need for a wrench or hammer or other tools. Used to replace staple-lock in mining and threaded couplings in vibro hammer or pile driving equipment. Gates iLok® is poised to revolutionize safety and performance standards in longwall mining applications.
- iLok is plated with Gates® TuffCoat Xtreme plating providing 740 hours of red rust protection, exceeding the 72 hour SAE standard by more than 1,000 percent.
- Safe disengagement helps to avoid dangerous disconnecting situations and dissipates residual pressure away from workers.
- Easy-to-understand design, quick to connect and disconnect by hand.
|Part #||Product #||Description|
|12FILOR-12MSA-TCX XBULK||73460068||12FILOR-12MSA-TCX XBULK|
|12FILOR-12MSH-TCX XBULK||73460023||12FILOR-12MSH-TCX XBULK|
|12FILOR-12MSHSP-TCX XBULK||73460022||12FILOR-12MSHSP-TCX XBULK|
|16FILOR-16MSA-TCX XBULK||73460062||16FILOR-16MSA-TCX XBULK|
Features and Benefits
- Extended lifetime allows relative rotation to counter torsional stress on the hose assemblies between the self-advancing roof shields.
- Secure cable distributes forces along full length of flange area, no uneven staple stress or deformation.
- Abrasion or damage to nearby hoses is prevented by the absence of sharp ends of protruding staples.
- Reduces average disconnect time per coupling by up to 90%.
- Tested to over 1,000,000 impulse cycles without failure.
- Fits in virtually every corner.