Molded Coolant Hose
Our molded coolant hoses are manufactured to fit specific applications with OEM-quality specifications, saving you time, costs, and energy from going to your OE dealer for radiator hose replacements.
- Temperature: -40°C to +135°C (-40°F to +275°F).
- Meets SAE 20R3 EC Class D1 under 25mm (1") ID, SAE 20R4 EC Class D1 for 25mm (1") ID and over
- EPDM tube, synthetic fiber knit reinforcement, heat- and ozone-resistant EPDM cover
- Engineered to resist electrochemical degradation -- the leading cause of hose failure
- Custom shapes available with minimum order quantity and setup charge
- Recommended for upper, lower, by-pass, heater and other coolant hose applications.
- Approved for marine applications
- Specifically engineered materials resist vacuum collapse to reduce the need for internal springs in many applications
- Note: Gates recommends replacing hose clamps each time a new coolant hose is installed
|Part #||Product #||Description||Max W.P. (psi)||Max W.P. (bar)||Hose I.D. (in)||Hose I.D. (mm)||Hose O.D. (in)||Hose O.D. (mm)||Vac. (inHg)||MBR (in)||Wt. Per ft||Len. (ft)|
|20121||42610121||HOSE CH GATR 20121||1.5||38||1.03|
|20151||42610151||20151 MOLDED COOLANT HOSE||1.75||44||0.45|
|20157||42610157||HOSE CH GATR 20157||1.06||27||0.44|
|20166||42610166||20166 MOLDED COOLANT HOSE||1.5||38||0.83|
When creating our FleetRunner® Coolant Hose, we wanted to tackle the leading cause of hose failure: electrochemical degradation or ECD. This occurs when the hose, liquid coolant, and engine/radiator ﬁttings form a galvanic cell or "battery," creating a chemical reaction that allows micro-cracks to form in the hose tube. Coolant seeps into these cracks or striations and breaks down the reinforcement, leading to hose failure and, ultimately, roadside breakdowns.
We worked to engineer our EPDM coolant hose material compound with superior electrochemical resistance, so your Gates coolant hoses will last longer and keep your engine systems running stronger.
For a secure fit to virtually every vehicle on the road today, Gates precision-manufactures our molded engine hoses with exclusively-developed factory processes to ensure compatibility and exceptional performance to specific vehicle manufacturer specifications.