Idlers that don’t quit. Belt tension that won’t slip. That’s the Gates guarantee with our heavy-duty, wear-resistant idler pulleys and sprockets, designed to reduce wear, friction, and vibration on your drive system belts, ultimately extending your belt service life.
DriveAlign® Idler PulleysRead More
Built to last by resisting dirt, salt, and other under-hood contaminants and are designed for use on passenger cars and light trucks as a locked center tensioning pulley, an automatic belt tensioner pulley or an idler pulley.
- Applicated for Import and Domestic vehicles.
- Bearing meets or exceeds OE and is designed for application specific speed and load requirements.
- Mounting hardware included on some popular applications.
- Reliable operation under severe conditions.
- Steel or thermoplastic construction provides high durability for long life.
Idlers are used to take-up extra belt length and provide adjustment for tensioning belt drives. Idler pulleys and sprockets can alter belt paths and clear obstructions.
- Idler assembly may consist of: idler sprocket and bracket, flat idler and bracket, standard sheave or sprocket used with an idler bearing and idler bracket.
- Idler sprockets, flat idlers and idler bushings contain sealed ball bearings and an integral shaft for mounting to adjustable idler brackets.
- Lubrication and maintenance are not required.