March 9, 2015
You are a key partner in identifying new products and technologies that Gates should investigate as we look at expanding our product offerings. New product ideas are generated through observing your customers’ wants and needs as an automotive professional.
Noted below are some ideas on identifying problematic parts or systems where Gates could potentially offer a better solution. As you look around your shop or visit with your staff, keep the following in mind:
- Note the OE dealership parts that are found in your shop – you can help us by providing the OE number and/or a picture of the part.
- Think beyond Gates’ normal belt, hose and hydraulic business.
- Ask your staff if they are seeing a pattern or a large number of failed parts in a certain category being replaced and ask what would make that part better.
- Some additional questions to ask or think about:
- What parts have been recently purchased from OE dealerships?
- Why were these parts purchased from the dealership?
- Are there specific makes or models where you prefer to use OE parts?
- Are there certain part numbers or types of products where you see frequent failures? What is failing and how would you improve the part if you could?
Technology and the aftermarket business continue to change and develop – let’s work together to generate that winning new product idea!
Got a great idea for a new product? Tell us about it here!