Gates continues to expand its vehicle application coverage with automotive aftermarket SKU additions across its product line, including the release of a new Micro-V® Component Kit and Turbocharger Hose.
Contact: Kent Van Oort
- Gates Corp. releases 748 new automotive part numbers covering millions of vehicles in operation.
- New product additions include Gates Micro-V® component kits and Turbocharger Hose coverage for VW and Audi applications.
- More information about Gates automotive aftermarket products can be found at gates.com/automotive.
– Gates Corporation
, a global, diversified manufacturer of industrial and automotive aftermarket products, recently announced the addition of 748 new part numbers covering millions of vehicles in operation to its line of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality automotive aftermarket products.
The new parts include power steering products, continuously variable transmission (CVT) belts, coolant hose, water pumps, tensioners, idlers, and more. Gates also introduces two new products with this announcement: 15 SKUs of the new Micro-V® Component Kit for complete accessory belt drive system (ABDS) restoration and seven SKUs of its new applicated Turbocharger Hose product line for imports.
The new Micro-V component kit features a Gates Micro-V AT multi-ribbed belt with premium EPDM construction, and related DriveAlign® tensioner and idler for complete ABDS system restoration. Purchasing the kit, which is available for more than 41 million vehicles in operation, costs customers less than purchasing each component individually.
Gates new applicated Turbocharger Hose offers import coverage for Volkswagen and Audi vehicles. These OE exact applications are part of a line that will continue to grow in 2013.
“We are very excited to announce the expanded coverage of Gates automotive aftermarket product line as well as our new product offerings,” said Tom Trojan, Gates Product Marketing Manager. “We are continuously researching and developing new products and applications to provide our customers with the most comprehensive selection.”
Highlights of Gates new number announcement include:
- 520 new power steering SKUs, bringing the total number available to 2,248
- 87 new small I.D.and molded hose additions for a total of 4,155 SKUs
- Nine additional FleetRunner® hose SKUs
- Eight new G-Force® belts for a total of 152 SKUs
- Eight new DriveAlign tensioners and pulleys for 611 total
- Seven new Turbocharger Hose SKUs for a total of 13
- Five additional water pumps, making Gates total number of available water pump SKUs 829
- For detailed information about Gates new OEM-quality automotive aftermarket products, please visit gates.com/automotive.
For more information about Gates Corporation, please contact Kent Van Oort at 303.744.4393.
About Gates Corporation
is a global, diversified industrial company that provides advanced power transmission and fluid transfer solutions by engineering products and services that reduce the total cost of ownership for a wide variety of applications. Our products and services serve customers in five key end market segments: Energy/Exploration/Extraction, Infrastructure & Agriculture, Transportation, Automotive, and Process & Specialty.
As an engineering leader with a strong foundation in research and development, Gates is committed to advancing the science of motion performance by developing safe, forward-thinking products, services, systems, and solutions, as well as fostering long-term customer and employee relationships. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Gates employs over 14,000 people across 106 locations in 30 countries.
If it moves you, there’s a good chance Gates has a part in it. Gates. Powering Progress.